Wednesday, June 22, 2011

VISION

LOGO
A WORLD FOR EVERY CHILD TO ENJOY LIFE WITH DIGNITY LOVE AND PROTECTION


INSA-India Child Protection Pledge

Entry point

We are committed to protecting children from abuse and trafficking. We recognize that every child has the right to a life of dignity and priority needs to be accorded for their protection from abuse. Abuse thrives on the cultural silence of parenting and secrecy. It is imperative that those who look after children are committed to protecting them and we willing to realize that children may be vulnerable to risk from the people who offer care. We commit to the good principles of child protection in this tool

INSA India’a approach to child protection

We believe that children are God’s gift to mankind, to be nurtured in a holistic way for living to their complete potential.

We also believe that each child is made unique and precious and we have a responsibility to facilitate them to discover their uniqueness and preciousness.

We welcome any and every question children ask nonjudgmental as a process to their self-discovery and will answer them in an age appropriate manner imbibing values.

We believe that all have a civic and ethical responsibility to ensure that children are safe from harm and must be accountable for our actions with children

We believe that children’s confidentiality must be respected, ‘in their best interest’.

We believe that children have a right to participate in their protection and survival and what is considered ‘in their best interest’.

We also believe that unless all citizens change their attitude to ‘every child’ and ‘their child’, child protection will not be as meaningful.

We believe that the ‘best interest of the child’ audit needs to be undertaken within the child rights framework before any project or programme is sanctioned for public works.

Child Leaders’ Pledge

I believe that I am a precious and unique child. There is no one made like me, who is like me in the whole world. I commit to helping all my friends believe the same about their uniqueness and preciousness.

I shall not mock them or call them bad names or hurt them intentionally. I shall apologies and try and explain any time I unintentionally hurt them.

I value my body and life. I commit to helping other children to value their life and life. If I hear of anyone trying to harm their own or another’s life I shall let the child protection committee member or INSA-India know {with confidentiality guaranteed}

I commit that shall share learnings on child protection with my friends and parents/caregivers.

I commit to ask for help in areas that I am not familiar and do not have answers for. I know the Child helpline 1098 and how and when to use it.

I pledge that I shall help INSA India in the Child Protection and Survival programme so that all children in my locality are protected from harm.

{Let children come up with at least two more commitments}

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

DATE: PLACE

NAMES SIGNATURE

2 comments:

  1. Dear friends and colleague, serving children's interest and enshrining their rights is a noble task and i want to partner with all stakeholders worldwide because this is a universal responsibility. follow me: www.loyalguard.org, my Org also deals with child welfare and protection services. I congratulate you all for being part of this challenge.Please lets join hands and work together for the betterment of the world children. Loyal Guard Organization

    ReplyDelete